Tuesday, March 20, 2012

spring break, lazy lovin'

 

 Blouse from UO | Boyfriend shorts from Gap

God I wish spring break would never end! I don't need to go to the Bahamas or Aruba or Miami or anywhere warm or vacationy to have a happy spring break -- I just love being home with my family and Bo (and the select few friends)! 10 days is definitely way too short of a break from college :( Jesus, it's already Tuesday -- KILL ME NOW.

Anyway, to the OOTD, I'm definitely recycling this outfit because I only wore it for .23428 seconds -- inside the house, mind you -- before it got too cold. Darn you New York! But really -- it's 80 degree weather in Baltimore and just a four hour car ride away it's 20 degrees cooler? Wuh da fuh?

Not to attract unwanted attention but .. my eyebrows.. those babies need to get groomed, oof.










~ ~ ~
I missed my dog so much. Haha, some people think I'm crazy because I talk so much about my dog and not so much about my family, but everybody who knows me in real life knows how much I love my family and how hunky dory we all are with each other.
 ...
I just need to show everyone how much I love my dog. I mean, I'm sure you guys don't mind. After all, he's the cutest thing to ever walk planet earth.

how can you resist a face like that?!?

 
Excuse the mess.. I have taken over the den as my spring break nest and my 
sister still hasn't put her stuff away from moving back from college.. #illcleaneventually
~ ~ ~

My dad had gotten my brother piranhas a few weeks ago (don't ask) but, of course, my brother didn't feed them on a proper regimen so they, uh .. ended up eating each other (as my dad loves to retell, the last three were 1. two eyed 2. one eyed 3. no eyed .. please reread the disclaimer..). Anyway, coming back up from Hopkins in Baltimore we stopped in Belleville, Jersey to pick him up 10 more babies.. eesh. The area was sketchy and the store didn't even have any sort of sign to differentiate it on the sidewalk; it was literally a hole in the wall. However, the store itself was pretty decent and the people there were really nice, they actually knew their stuff and cared about the fish. People always misconceive fish as being easy to take care of and very low maintenance, but I always appreciate the fish-folk -- the people who take good care of their fish and give them the proper homes. It's a shame though that 'proper home' sometimes includes feeding those fish other fish.. Yes, I'm talking about feeding goldfish to piranhas. God, it's horrible. I take the little guys out of the tank whenever I can so they're not just swimming around waiting to be chomped on. I like to think they'd prefer spending their last moments with other goldfishies. *fish lady to-be*

Anyway, the store -- Aquascape, the name just came to me -- had some really cool fish. I probably looked weird wandering the store snapping pictures all over the place but whatever h8rs gon h8 amirite?
can you believe THIS guy was marked as $20,000?!? that's right -- 200 big ones. i don't think it was a joke because there were fish actually marked as 'not for sale'. unfortunately it was just lazing in the corner like that when i came to look at it so that was he best shot i could get. beautiful fins though, i'll admit.


:I

one of my favorites! my phone camera didn't really get the colors all that great but they're almost galactic. the way they swim is so cute too haha they teeter back and forth like a rocking horse .. unless there was something wrong with the one i was watching.. then yeah. they teeter. and they look like elephants. adorbs. 



nemo(s), marlin(s), and that crazy bubbles dude

this picture hardly does any justie -- this full-mouth catfish was at least as long as 7 of my hands!
~ ~ ~
And now I leave you with these delicious fruit tarts: soft-n-crumbly pastry cups filled with custard-cream topped with blueberries, strawberries and rasberries sprinkled with white sugar powder. Can I get a YUM?!

Hope your first day of spring & the days to come are just as delicious as these fruit tarts were :3 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment